Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Comics Alternative Podcast #175: The Eltingville Club, Cry Havoc #1, The Dark & Bloody #1



Today on The Comics Alternative, Derek Royal and I review The Eltingville Club, which collects all of Evan Dorkin's cringingly hilarious stories of a group of comics/sf/horror/fantasy/RPG teen creeps; Cry Havoc #1, the not-exactly lesbian werewolf story by Simon Spurrier and Ryan Kelly; and The Dark & Bloody #1, Shawn Aldridge and Scott Godlewski's tale of moonshine and mystery.

Dorkin's work has always been a favorite of mine, and it's great to have all of his "Eltingville" stories (plus!) collected. Cry Havoc and The Dark & Bloody aren't exactly my normal cup of tea, but I gained new appreciation for both of them while discussing them with Derek. That's one of the things I love about doing this podcast; I always learn a lot from our conversations. I hope you enjoy them, too.

As always, click the link above to stream the episode, or you can subscribe via iTunes.

Labels: , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home